Social Media and Mature Content
Our children live in a world where mature content is easily accessible. Often they see things with out the context of a conversation with their parents. We have some tips and ideas that can help families in this area. Look for updates on this page soon.
In the meantime here are some facts and resources you may find interesting:
Device Rules to Consider
- Sign a technology contract. Devices are a privilege not a right.
- Devices should not be accessible at all times. Set times for use.
- Devices should only ever be used in open spaces in the home, not basements or bedrooms.
- Consider shutting your wifi off at a certain time at night.
- If your child is using social media, review your child’s friend list. Do they personally know everyone on that list?
- Devices should be checked by parents regularly. Devices should not be considered private. Parents should know what their children are doing and seeing. Randomly check on apps being used and texts being sent/received.
Device-free Family Calendars (search online):