St. Mary's News
There are plenty of things happening at St. Mary's School! Click on the links to the left for more information. The newsletter is published and emailed every week. Check your inbox for the most recent newsletter. If you are not receiving the newsletter, we must not have an updated email on file for you. Please update your email contact on your school account.
Email Update - March 16th
“We pray that your kingdom will come. We pray that what you want will be done, here on earth as it is in heaven.”
· Holy Week— This is a very special week as we prepare for the most important part of our Liturgical year: Easter and the Resurrection of our Lord. Follow the link for full details. If you have a family photo showing “JOY” please send a copy (not returned) to display on our photo wall for Holy Week!
· Playground or Peer Troubles?—It is quite a sight each morning as our St. Mary’s students arrive excited for the day ahead. However we all sometimes need help working through issues that come up with our friends. This is part of what we do at school. If your child is mentioning a concern or issue please let us know. Administration invites you to call no matter the issue to ensure all students can succeed academically, spiritually, and socially. Small things can build, so let’s work together to ensure every child is excited about coming to school!
· Programming Requests – If you have a learning factor that you would like to discuss with Administration for next year please provide your contact information to the office by April 13. We will follow up with you to discuss so that we have the full information as we begin planning classes for the fall.
· Digital Report Cards— We are moving to online report cards next fall. The format will look the same as current, but you will view a printable PDF online. Ensure you have a PowerSchool account so you have access.
· Report Cards and Parent Teacher Interviews - Report Cards will be going home on Friday, March 16, 2018. Parent Teacher Interviews are on Thursday, March 22, 2018 from 4:00-9:00 pm by teacher request. Follow the link to the scheduler to book your appointment.
· Are you Moving?? Please let the office know if you are moving and not returning to St. Mary’s in the fall.
· Lemonade Day 2018—Is your child interested in creating their own business selling lemonade? Lemonade Day 2018, this year on
June 9th. Details to follow or online: https://lemonadeday.org/okotoks
Virtue of the month: Charity
Check online for this months winners.
Patrollers of the Month:
Holy Week (March 26 - 29)
Monday March 26
- Palm Monday Opening Liturgy – 9:00 am “Let’s learn and worship Holy Week
Tuesday March 27
- Faith Walk – around the neighbourhood walking path. There will be reflection / prayer stops along the way so PLEASE STICK TO THE TIME YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR
- Faith walk sign up will be in the staffroom.
- Easter craft family activity – 6:30 – 8:30 pm Hosted by Parent Council RSVP to be determined
Wednesday March 28
- Eucharistic Adoration in the afternoon
Thursday April 13
- Passion Play hosted by Grade Four 2:00 pm
- Each classroom is encouraged to share Easter videos on their smart board each noon hour while the children eat.
- We are going to be making a collage of photos in the main entrance. Please bring a photo of your family depicting joy to add to our display. It could be a family photo or activity which depicts joy. Be sure to send copies of photos as they will not be returned.
- We are partnering with ‘A Piece of Home’ to make backpack donations. More information to follow.