St. Mary's News
There are plenty of things happening at St. Mary's School! Click on the links to the left for more information. The newsletter is published and emailed every week. Check your inbox for the most recent newsletter. If you are not receiving the newsletter, we must not have an updated email on file for you. Please update your email contact on your school account.
Email Update - June 28th
“Continue to ask, and God will give you. Continue to search, and you will find. Continue to knock, and the door will open for you.”
- Thank you to our families for a wonderful year. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to learn, pray, and laugh together this year. Enjoy a restful summer with friends and family. God Bless from your St. Mary’s Family!
- Dress for the weather—Now that Summer has arrived and we are experiencing some very hot and sunny days, please ensure your child comes to school prepared to be outside. Students should bring e.g. a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and appropriate footwear to be outside for recess, PE and other classes .
- Reminder—Are you moving?—CTR Catholic has catchment areas for elementary schools. Be aware if you are moving into a new area you will be required to enroll in that school for the following school year. Also, please let the office know if you are moving and not returning to St. Mary’s in the fall.
- Kindergarten Registration—We are finalizing placements for all classes. If you have a child who is entering Kindergarten this fall, registration is open. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our kindergarten programming.
- Autism Asperger's Friendship Society—AAFS are hosting events in our community. Details in our attachment and online: www.aafscalgary.com
- St. James Summer Camp— July 9th – 13th Mornings (8:45am-12:00pm) For kids entering kindergarten to grade 6 To register: Call 403.938.3122 OR https://stjamesparishokotoks.ca/summer- camp/
Virtue of the month: Cheerfulness
Check online for this months winners.
Patrollers of the Month:
We are excited to announce that we have confirmed we are able to offer our breakfast program next fall. If you are interested in learning or volunteering in the program let us know. The success this year was based on our dedicated volunteers. Thank you!
Please note that the town will be working on Sheep River bridge construction. Anticipated to begin June 18 and be completed in fall 2018. The green Woodhaven stairs will be CLOSED during construction. Periodic pathway closures may be required during construction. Pedestrian detours will be in place.
CP Rail Crossing Repairs
CP will be returning to town to repair the crossing surface on Northridge Drive and on the pedestrian crossing across from the former creamery site on Riverside Drive . This work will require road closures. Detour signage will be in place to assist drivers to navigate around the construction area. The repairs are scheduled for the following dates, weather permitting on Northridge Drive: Sunday, June 24 & Riverside Drive: Monday, June 25. Repairs will start at approximately 3:00 am and last until approximately 6:00 pm. Expect major delays during construction; please avoid the area as much as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.