Now accepting Online Registration Inquiries for Kindergarten
Great Learning Starts Here! Explore. Connect. Grow.
Great Learning Starts at Christ the Redeemer Catholic Schools! Through an authentic Catholic education, your child will:
EXPLORE their world through story, numbers, and play in the classroom and in nature.
CONNECT with God. With Others. With the World.
GROW while teachers walk with them as they learn through discovery, relationships and faith.
CTR Catholic promotes the spiritual, academic, cultural, physical and social development of all students in a safe and caring environment. Learning is a journey and it all starts at Christ the Redeemer!
Come Learn With Us!
NOTE: Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age or older by December 31, 2020 to inquire for the 2020 - 2021 school year. Registration in our kindergarten program guarantees placement in Grade 1 and beyond.
Begin Registration Inquiry here if you are a new family to CTR Catholic Schools.
WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
AT ST. MARY'S SCHOOL
FAITH | LITERACY | NUMERACY | OUTDOOR PROGRAMMING | COLLABORATION/RELATIONSHIPS | EXPLORATION/DISCOVERY
Kindergarten is an exciting time in a child's life. Our little ones are so excited to learn and grow. We honour that curiosity with our approach to learning. The adjustment from preschool can be significant, however every fall our kindergartens students enter the doors with a joy and wonder for learning - excited to be at the "big school". We are in the process of sharing some of the exciting Kindergarten plans we have for the 2020-21 School Year. While we are likely to cancel our annual Kindergarten Open House in May, we will share more details here. Please check back and if you do not find the information you are looking for, feel free to call the school at 403-938-8048 and we will be happy to answer your questions.
At St. Mary's School we believe…
- Faith and ‘The St Mary’s Way’ is embedded in everything we do. Catholic Education at this age is a beautiful thing. We focus on prayer, friendship, caring, sharing, forgiveness and getting to know Jesus.
- In intentional play and learning centers – revolving around fine motor skills, problem solving, social skills
- That children need plenty of outdoor learning - we are blessed to have a large campus that is connected to the Okotoks green space/pathway system.
- Children need lots of exposure to early numeracy and literacy.
- In open communication between home & family - a strong partnership with home is key to any child’s success
- The most important thing you can do with your child to prepare them for Kindergarten and during the Kindergarten year is to spend time reading with your child daily.
- In uninterrupted free play in learning centers, regular outdoor learning days, and two recesses a day with only the kindergarten students
- Developing a love of music and developing healthy habits through exercise, so we offer a music specialist and gym time for students
- In a team approach where Kindergarten teachers, specialists and learning support staff collaborate regularly to develop the best program learning experiences for young children
- Providing opportunities for children to build positive relationships with other children is a key part of Kindergarten!
- That Kindergarten is where their lifelong joy of learning begins!